Monday, May 2, 2011

TV recap.

I didn't ONLY watch TV on the weekend. I did a lot of scootering, a lot of church, a lot of eating, and I read I shall wear midnight. I was fully tired by bedtime Sunday, mostly because of the scootering.

Royal Wedding.
  • The bible was read well. Like the dude had never seen the bible read in public before so he didn't realise he wasn't supposed to know the passage or speak clearly or give eye-contact or generally communicate the bible clearly. He treated it like a very important piece of oration. Extra points for memorising it.
  • I regret the loss of uniforms in modern society. Casual dress does not compare to a uniform with gold buttons and fancy hats.
  • I didn't know the royal family don't have last names. How special they are.

Doctor Who.
***spoiler***
Rather strange first episode. The big event (complete death and cremation of the Doctor) happened so early that there was no emotional investment in the shock, just confusion. Has set up some nice intrigue and tension for rest of series though, and the aliens are scary.

The Logies.
I'm the sort of person who doesn't watch this rubbish, but since it replaced the Mentalist and there was nothing else on… I tolerated it for an hour. The prize announcers were of a higher calibre than the prize receivers, generally. I don't understand why Katy Perry is a singer.

No comments: