Monday, May 16, 2011

Kindness of strangers and God.

It was a rough weekend, but God was watching out for me. On Saturday morning I fell off my scooter in Centennial Park, and skinned myself a bit. My jeans aren't too damaged. It's amazing how you can lose skin through a layer of almost unbroken denim, and also amazing how one fall leaves bruises on both sides of the body. Anyway, when I got to the gate of the park, I checked my phone and it was gone, with my keys. Horror. I decided to keep going to oxford st and meet my friends, rather than double back to search. They met me with "where are your phone and keys? haha!" and had apparently just called me up cos I was 5 min late, and spoken with a lady who picked up my phone and keys, and she was going to leave them at Randwick Police station. Couldn't have worked out better! All resolved before I even had a chance to worry, thanks to friends and a kind lady. Tricia and Pete even had a first aid kit in their boot, so I got patched up before we found a cafe.

After brunch I scooted to Bondi Jct slowly, cos my knee was getting sorer. I rolled up my jeans so that I wouldn't trip over them again, and it was a strange look with my brown woolly socks, but who cares about that in Paddington? True fashion goes out the other side and is still acceptable. Anyway, I went to Spotlight to find some black stretch cotton to make leggings, some for me and some for George, cos we're tired of not being able to find them the right length. The stuff I found is called Seaspray, it was thicker and nicer than I was looking for and about $14 a meter. Oh well. Super warm legs. This was offset by some floral cotton I found, for $7 a meter or so. Spotlight has an awesome new range of retro prints for under $15. Gorgeous, and an affordable alternative to the trendy fabric shops. It is so hard to get grown-up dress prints. Everything is either quilting, or children, or $25 a meter. So I was VERY pleased with this find. I bought 2 meters of a sort of brown with mustard flowers, and I'm going to make a shirt out of it. Photos will follow.

No comments: