Friday, May 6, 2011

Beyond the city.

Nice article today about country towns. It's an ode, not a rant. I know cities are wonderful, and heaven is a city, and living in a city keeps you out of your comfort zone and rubbing elbows with reality, but I'm sorry that the country doesn't benefit from those things, and that at this point the country seemingly has no future. I'm tired of being only able to have one and not the other, and for the foreseeable future the city is my best option. I wish city and country weren't so far away from each other.

1 comment:

Ali said...

I actually think it's the people of God being called the "city" in Revelation, not a kind of metropolitan landscape. That's what I'm believing anyway, because, personally, I don't want heaven to be a city. (And the "tree of life" seems to be everywhere, so I'm sort of hoping for a great big tree.)