Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Teeth are slow.


My bones are very strong, my ortho says, which is why I've never had a broken bone. Unfortunately, it means my teeth move at half the normal speed. The gap on the left should close at a millimetre a month, and in the last six weeks I'm noticed nowhere near one mm. There IS a tiny change, but not 1.5 mm. I took a photobooth shot in Feb, and one this week, and you can see the slight difference over several months, where it should have mostly closed. Aaaargh, frustrating. In the mean time, my back teeth knock together when I talk, my bite doesn't fit together so I can't bite off sticky tape, and if I eat too much sugar my mouth gets sore and the braces feel like a mouthful of pins.

Anyway, that's what's happening in my mouth these days. Waiting for the tortoise and the tortoise to waddle over the finish line and join their dirty mates (because after 18 months I've lost interest in flossing and cleaning in general). Aren't you glad you know all this now?

No comments: