Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mould.

A combination of a cold winter and a poorly ventilated unit means damp and mildew. I had heard the East was mould prone, but it wasn't a problem in my old place. I scrubbed the ceiling of this place when I moved in 9 months ago.

First I discovered my swim bag going spotty, then i pulled a canvass satchel out of the wardrobe and it was furry. Unbelievably disgusting. Perhaps it was damp when I put it away. Then I noticed the wardrobe ceiling was grey with mildew, and patches on the rest of the ceiling.

So I gloved up and masked up and got on my step stool and bleached and scrubbed for 2 hours with a fan going all day. It is so much better now. Hopefully I don't have to do that for a whole nother year, unless I move out first.

I am going to buy some of that crystal stuff for damp for the wardrobes.

No comments: