Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Internet for crafty people.

Sorry for the unnatural silence. I have some nice photos of craft and flowers, but it's been an ordeal losing my camera, charging it up, losing it again, etc etc. And I'm a little too tired to keep crafting in the meantime, and I've had a lot of Doctor Who DVDs to watch anyway. But craft is still my biggest obsession.

I only recently discovered the world of craft blogs. SO MUCH COOL STUFF!!! I have been inspired to renovate clothes, which has been very satisfying—creative AND frugal.  I've found cool fabrics online, which I can't wait to sew with. And I've just discovered that embroidery, of all things, is much more awesome than I thought! I want to stitch cute little whales like at feelingstitchy.

Embroidery is one of the most economical crafts, I think, because the coloured flosses are $1-2 each. You can do it on clothes, or small pieces of cloth in frames or birthday cards. It doesn't take up much room, all the stuff you need will fit in a little box, which is an advantage if you live in a unit (a sewing machine takes up such space!). And the stitches are fairly simple, it just takes practise to do them neatly.

I have started a list of current and future projects, so that I actually finish things. This blog is a good motivator, because I can photograph them and feel proud of myself.

No comments: