Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jumper to jacket.

This is a fairly old jumper I bought cheap, but I don't like pulling it over my head, cos it messes up my hair. And it's just too high in the neck. Eargh.


So I cut it carefully in half up the front, and sewed in a zipper. I chose red mostly cos I couldn't find a matching grey one. I wanted a 23", but I could only buy a 22".


I make it sound easy, but actually I broke a needle and the tip fell down into the machine. I took it apart a bit and found a lot of dust, but no needle tip. I discovered some useful things though, because I had forgotten that there is a compartment within the machine and that is where I had put my spare needles and bobbins. How useful. I've been buying bobbins everywhere which don't fit in my Janome properly.


The result is not super glam, but I quite like the red zipper, a nice contrast although it draws attention to its own crooked seams. Anyway it's more wearable than it was. A win!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really impressed! Good work.

apple said...

nice work.. :D