Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Library DVD Review: Tad Hamilton


Win a Date with Tad Hamilton.

When this came out I was the target market, and I kinda wanted to see it, but David and Margaret were not enthusiastic and I never got around to going.

I took it home from the library with a bunch of other things, and it was the last one I watched, and it left me lukewarm. I'm not the target market anymore, and it's not the cleverest in the genre. T.H. is a basic hunk, and the perfect pretty Rosalee is sweet... but I realised the movie as actually about Pete. He goes through the most angst, has the best lines, and is the only one with ambition. It's about him getting the girl.

Review aside, I've watched it 3 times in the last week. I am addicted. And a little obsessed. And now I've got an overdue fine on it. There is something so comforting in a nice-but-not-very-clever teen movie. I would like to watch it again, but I'm going to watch some Sharpe, which is basically all frog-fighting swashbuckle, damn yer eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do like Topher Grace.