Monday, September 30, 2013

Part 2.

On Monday we drove to Bellingen. We stopped for a rest in dorrigo which has some exercise equipment to play on in the park. At Bellingen we had a picnic by the river and then trolled a few of the shops, there are some great op shops so I used the holiday clause of the stopping shopping challenge and bought a $2 skirt and a $4 bag. I really like a $90 yellow bag in a nice clothes shop so it's on the wish list. I used to have a useful small handbag from Colorado, it went tatty and then mouldy in the wardrobe so it got binned. That's how I justify a purchase. Replacement is frugal.

We went on to Urunga and our holiday cottage is in an ordinary street but its really nice.


After a long sit down we drove to check our the nearest beach. There was fine sand blowing like mist.


We got fish and chips for dinner and I was most proud of myself for buying only a piece of grilled salmon instead of battered fish and chips. It was small and not good value but delicious and healthier. Cracked out wine and cheese and chocolate after dinner, had an amazing shower, one of those really generous gushing shower heads in a bathroom with lots of hooks and shelves and things.

On Tuesday we had a sleep in and then went out to find the local honey shop, which makes and sells honey. It says its unbeelievable. Expensive, but delicious honey with ginger in it. Ginger is a positive theme this holiday. I must eat and drink more ginger. Then we went back to Bellingen. Checked out the rest of the shops. We had lunch which was healthy veggie wraps and burgers. If you eat out on holidays it pays to aim for the healthy menus! I bought the yellow handbag from the day before for $90, that's my budget-blower for the week, and a new-quality sense and sensibility book from a second hand book shop for $12, and sent a postcard. We bought fruit and macadamia sourdough and some fruit and veg and cruised back to urunga and got meat at the butcher there. And there was ANOTHER op shop so I bought a teacup with matching saucers for $3. A has been restrained with her shopping and J has bought many op shop clothes.


Then we went back to the beach. Water was a lot colder than the day before but I got value out of my swimmers, J and I had a decent splash about, and we walked the length of the beach which was long. Nature can be exhausting. Then it was evening. We cut up the bread, cracked open some ginger honey and some double Brie and had a pre dinner feast. SOOOOOOO yummy.









No comments: