Monday, September 30, 2013

Holiday part one: weekend.

Started well enough, but I got a coldsore and probably a bit of a cold too, so on Sunday I was the walking dead. I had a nice time at the art gallery though, where I sat with a teapot of fresh lemongrass and ginger and honey in the sun, magical. The other girls looked at the art, I just sat in the sun recharging and got refills of hot water whenever I finished my tea. Value!!! I must try and grow lemongrass.

Our friends house is badly cluttered and we'd been asked to help tidy while we were there so we spent some time doing sections of that. Eg the walk-in pantry was non-walk-in. It's pretty quick to fix areas like that when it isn't your stuff. No trauma in the throwing away. But the satisfaction of the giant clean is spoiled by not knowing whether it will be maintained. Entropy is not a good system. Organisation takes effort but it is its own reward.

1. A place of everything and everything in its place, like with like.
2. Throw it out.
3. Don't buy it in the first place.

So there was cleaning, and I was feeling run-down and gross. But we had some nice dinners with people on Saturday and Sunday nights and went to church.

2 comments:

bec said...

"Entropy is not a good system" - that should go on a t shirt.

Jessica said...

What were the other tshirts I was going to print? The assertive sword of silence and the muffins dressed as lambs? I wonder if they'd be as popular as Threadless.