Monday, September 2, 2013

Bathurst: Part 1.

So long train trips at night are very boring, because its like sitting next to a dark mirror for hours. But I've got lots of podcasts on my iPod and I curled up in scarves. The man behind was an annoying people-person, oversharing to the lady behind him. At 8pm the train stopped in nowhere cos an engine died so he alternatingly complained and played his guitar. The guitar was quite nice.

We were totally broken down for 25 minutes but they got it going again. Everyone clapped. Train got in at 10.05.

I walked in the morning to find some markets, but there were none. I did browse through old stuff for auction so that was nice. Since I didn't want to buy anything anyway.




This is the showground pavilion where the auction stuff was.




I did some useful shopping in town. Walked through the park and took photos of ducks.
Ducks with curly tails.



I went into the old Bathurst hall which  is a liquidation store now. But you can tell there is a ballroom. It's quite interesting. Grandma and grandpa met at a dance there. Fancy. What a terrible shame nobody dances anymore. It would also make quite a good church. There's the main ballroom and lots of side rooms and some upstairs rooms.




I brought Crawford DVD with me and we put it on in the afternoon, grandma really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Lucy C said...

The ducks with 'curly tails' are drakes. All males have that tail during breeding season.

Jessica said...

Wow and gosh! I never knew that. What a fun fact. Thanks Lucy!