Monday, September 9, 2013

Church weekend away.

My small evening church went to Long Point (in Maquarie Fields) for the weekend. Even though it's just the edge of Sydney it feels very isolated and quiet. The topic was gender. The talks and seminars were mainly on being God's children and gender roles and how we can love and serve each other. We had delicious slab cake from yael. Best cakes ever. I played the piano. We did Wii Dance Party and trivia. There was a tame pet parrot and some little kids. There was a swimming pool. Saturday felt like the first day of summer. I enjoyed that feeling of being warm and sticky and dirty at the end of the day. No snacking (nacking) went out the window a bit. I didn't have afternoon tea or supper on Saturday but there was so much food. I'm glad to be in control of my own food again. I just eat whatever's in front of me so ove-catered Christian events do me no good at all.

In other news, I'm trying not to grocery shop at the moment. Trying to eat my way through the freezer to clean it out, and the pantry too with any luck. And save money. Apart from fruit and milk.

This is my favourite dance.

No comments: