Friday, September 13, 2013

Home weekend!

This would be a brilliant weekend to wash the winter woolies and put them away. But it might rain. So they'll probably stay in a big pile. I'm going to a Mad Hatter afternoon tea on Saturday, which I am not going to dress up for, although I could probably wear my normal clothes and look reasonably costumed actually. Fail for effort but win for effect, then. Also I'm not going to take any food because I'm not organised enough and also these things are always supremely over-catered for. Because each person brings enough for 7 but eats enough for 1, so there is 7 times as much food as people need. I'm going to help out by eating.

Right now I am waiting to meet E, and we're going to have a quick look at the spring flowers display in DJs which is esp nice this year apparently, and then meet G for dinner and swap nail polishes. It's a frugal way to enlarge your nail polish collection. I call it the nail polish library. Cos after one use, you want a new colour. This way I don't have to buy a bright coral that I'll only use once, I can just borrow one for a few weeks, and other library members can borrow the bright red I'm bored of. I've stuck stickers on all mine so I can get them back eventually. What fun Friday frolics we do have, us city girls! I am so excited.

No comments: