Friday, March 8, 2013

It never rains but it pours music.

There are about a hundred things I want to go and see/hear this month. For some reason it's live entertainment season right now. Overseas artists are all over the place, and there are weird little gigs everywhere. I could go to about 2 things a week. But I'm not. But tonight I am seeing Oliver! in Hurstville and on Saturday the Idea of North at Blue Beat. Sunday is the Spot Festival in my suburb, Monday is the Finn Kelly concert at the Opera House. It's going to be so boring in April when I expect there will be nothing to see or do, to balance life out.

Here is something nice http://www.lukethompsonmusic.com/. I liked Luke Thompson's first music a few years ago, and then I heard about him again this month on Eastside radio, and he's touring with Passenger and stuff. I would like to see Passenger because I am currently OBSESSED with the lovely song Golden Thread, but eh, I already have enough to see this month. Anyway, Luke Thompson. He is giving away a beautiful album on his website, so download and donate if you like it. It's a fine album, so donate anyway in the spirit of generosity with which he is giving it away. This is why I always look up artists to buy off them directly rather than get rorted by iTunes!

So here is lovely music for the weekend.

On a slow boat to China by Luke Thompson:


Golden Thread feat Matt Corby:


There's parachutes above you, and lifeboats below,
And a heart that loves you, yeah, I think you know

No comments: