Monday, March 25, 2013

Final shirt!

The Luke Thompson concert was fantastic. Bonus, Tim Hart joined him for a few songs. Awesome value, good music, nice company: even met someone I had apparently met before, from my brothers church. We all sang along the choruses of a couple of songs, in a lovely spontaneous way. It was hot and stuffy, but for $12, can't say I can remember a better value gig.


I sewed on Saturday afternoon, with my lovely last piece of material from Kelani. Catastrophe struck halfway through and while using the overlocker I chopped a hole in the front of the shirt. I wailed and gnashed my teeth, and then had to unpick the collar and remove the front. That's the risk of sewing with a machine that has a blade scissoring the seam as you go. it's wonderfully efficient until you get something caught up and chop through it before you realise. It was not the first time. Luckily I had a remnant big enough to cut another front out of, otherwise i would have cried. $50 worth of material destroyed just by catching it up in the overlocker. Then I went for a swim with my flatmate to get rid of the irritation. I was sooooooo cross. The water was cool and lovely.

Got back into it on Sunday, and had no more catastrophes. This shirt I have adapted to have buttons right down the front instead of just a placket. It has 11 buttons. I used the pointy collar, and I did short sleeves. No sleeves looks nice but I generally like a bit of sleeve.



I think the collar is a bit off centre at the front. I find that is a tricky thing. You start with an evenly placed collar, but by the time you sew it around it you've got either extra collar or extra shirt at the end when you finish. But it's not noticeable.





Did some leafleting at the shops, for Easter church. It went well. Praying people come. The shopping centre apparently supplied us with Easter eggs to give out as well, which is lovely. Then music practice then church. That was my weekend.

No comments: