Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Long weekend, markets, friends, drilling holes.

Fabulous. I had a long weekend with friends, markets, and getting jobs done.

Saturday morning I mopped the school/church hall again. Church is helping reno the hall kitchen so I went twice during the week, to grout tiles, mop, be a moral support. So I did another quick hour and mopped the hall floor. Then I went to the Olive Tree Markets for lunch, and met most of my favourite Sydney people there (hi George, I missed you). I did some earring marketing - took a pair back for repair and bought some more, and bought some honey. Anna bought me this cushion cover as a house warming gift, which is beautiful. I'd like to make some like this.



E+L went to a surf club for a couples drink while I went home and shopped for food. Then we went to Billabongs with mum and dad for dinner, which was the usual Experience.

On Sunday E and I woke up early so we decided to go to the Maitland markets and get back before L woke up hopefully. It was great fun. I knew E would enjoy these markets because rummaging through old things is her sort of fun. She bought a vintage hand mirror and a bag. I bought a birdcage, which was on my shopping list all month, and a cheap floor mat for the back door, an old shovel, some peas and kale, and some 2nd hand tupperware. We also had some wonderful orange juice. The nicest orange juice I've ever had.


E+L went wine tasting in the afternoon and I watched Downton. Then we went to church, then to mum and dads house so that L could do his piano practise and watch the grand final on the nice big TV, and E and I cooked pies and salad for dinner and kale chips and we had some gourmet beer we bought at the markets too.

Here is a lovely selfie with Percy.


E+L went home on Monday morning to beat the traffic. Then I washed sheets, went to Greenhills and bought some food and Ray Ban glasses, went to a girls lunch at a nightchurch friends house, did Jillian in the aircon with RoGo, it was really hot, then I went to parents and borrowed their drill, and hung up my curtains. It was pretty late and I was hot and tired, but I just really wanted to get those curtains up finally. They aren't hemmed but that's fine.


Then I AT LAST had a shower and cooled down, watched the Bachy interviews on the project and shelled peas and ate them, finished a packet of crumpets and had a drumstick, that was dinner. Then I watched the saddest episodes of Downton ever and cried and then I went to bed.

It was a full 3 days. This week I'm giving blood, home group restarts, and I'm going to Sydney on Wednesday.