Monday, October 20, 2014

Too tired, things that make me happy #1.

My weekend was way too long and busy and tiring. I didn’t want to sit around doing nothing by myself so I packed it out, probably a bit too much. I had Friday night dinner with friend from work at what I now call my “regular”, where I am experimenting with being a beer drinker but mainly I like buckets of chicken wings.

On Saturday I went to Sydney on the train with a sister, a friend, and their friend, we went to the Powerhouse Museum and then ate and ate and ate in Chinatown area.




I found lots of lovely new covers for books I already have.



Then when I got home 12 hours later I went straight out again for dessert night with 3 home group ladies, to a place in the wineries called Sabor.



On Sunday I went to the markets in the morning with other “homies” (bought the succulent wreath and some more old tupperware), met someone after lunch for a cafe chat which turned out to be really intense, went home, cuddled Percy and tried to process things and recover energy, and then went to church. Was invited over for dinner by T and J which was nice. Got home and cried. So tired.



In other news, my fridge is freezing things badly. No amount of knob twiddling is helping. I’m getting depressed that my milk is frozen solid when I want to have breakfast, and I can’t keep salad stuff in it at all. Today I realised I could just go and buy a new one. The fridge was free so I’ve got value out of it, and I’m not too poor to buy one, so why am I being anxious? It’s not worth it, God has provided both the old free fridge when I needed it and the money to buy a new one, there’s no reason to stress. I’m going to the Good Guys after work on Tuesday.

Anyway I’ve been cruising along for a while now so I was bound to hit reality eventually. On the bright side: I’ve been thinking of starting tweeting or facebooking “What’s making me happy this week” as per Pop Culture Happy Hour, where they just finish the show with a little rave about something they just discovered and are enjoying. At the moment:

My glasses. They are awesome. Had them a couple of weeks almost and I’m still enthralled. I wear them a lot more than my old glasses. People compliment them.




Percy getting his head scratched. Especially that he yawns when he's relaxed. Physical contact must be his love language.




I've got the beginnings of a bushwalking group!

No comments: