Friday, October 31, 2014

And more gloom.

Life has continued weary and sad. I was feeling better on Wednesday afternoon. I left work earlyish, finally got a massage, helped Sayed with understanding an assessment, had a hot chocolate, and bought iTunes on sale. Feeling good for the first time in about 2 weeks. But that night at mum and dads we found out Grandma had died. So I woke up on Thursday weary again. I went to work, it was very quiet and I was alone in my office, so that was good. Twitter friends were lovely.

I then looked at my bank and was surprised by the balance, and realised that the government had secretly deposited $7000 two days ago. This, in a normal week, would rock my socks off, and even on a miserable day I was really thrilled for a couple of minutes. Getting the application in for the regional relocation grant was a massive effort, I had to ring energy australia and get them to send me some old bills, and all sort of hoops like that, and I wasn’t very hopeful I would get it because I completed the application after the grant ended and without a copy of my Ada St lease (supplied Kennedy St lease and Ada St termination instead). So just discovering the money was a delightful surprise. I’m going to pay it to mum and dad because they lent me money for the stamp duty on the house, and I’ve been paying them back each pay, so yay that I can clear a debt to them sooner and also I’m proud of my application. Praise God for that.

Anyway mornings are the worst. I usually wake up after bad sleep with a re-stiffened neck. Thankfully as the day goes on I usually collect energy and my neck loosens up. Sometimes I have a lie down on the floor of my cubicle at lunchtime. I’m taking various vitamins and eating pretty healthy. It’s a hard season, everything has a time, Ecclesiastes. I've got a very quiet weekend planned, and I will take an extra day off next week after the funeral, and get through it.

No comments: