Friday, November 7, 2014

Funeral, energy, wreath.



Grandmas funeral was on Tuesday. It was very good, a respectful Anglican service. I played the piano, my brother and sister read prayers very well, and other cousins read bible verses and things. For future reference, I am quite a crier, I couldn't have read psalm 23 or anything, it's a lucky thing I can play amazing grace on autopilot. I wonder how quantity of tears relates to Myer Briggs types. Dad and my uncle did a eulogy and that's the most interesting part to me because it's like the back-story. "Before she was grandma...". Then there was the burial at the cemetery. Then there was lunch/afternoon tea back at the house, half the people were quite cheery and having a great old family catchup, the other half sat there like zombies or fell asleep on the floor. Since I got up before 5am to drive to Bathurst with the siblings, and being sad is tiring, I was in the zombie camp.

After the extended family left there was a lottery to give each grandchild a cup and saucer and some fancywork linen. Then we drove back home. We stopped at maccas on pennant hills road for dinner and I quite enjoyed it. I can't remember the last time I ate maccas but the beef wrap was great. And they brought back the crunchie mcflurry, but I had a kit kat one. We listened to an audiobook Hard Magic all the way home.

So I took Wednesday off as well just for some space to rest. I did Jillian and housework and watched BBC Sense and Sensibility with commentary. Feeling better now than I have in a while. Neck is almost back to normal.

Making me happy this week is that I've hung my succulent wreath on the wall. I delayed the decision about where to hammer a hole into my wall, but there's really only one spot that gets the light and can be seen. It's the cutest thing. Makes my house look like an unhappy hipsters photo (it's next to my pallet furniture).



I also stuck up my photos, they are curling more than they used to. I'm considering getting some frames with lots of windows. One day. Or maybe just a lot more 3M sticky squares to hold the corners back.


I was thinking I should really sit back and let November slide by in maintenance mode. Not commit to anything new, just have more space in life for my introverty batteries to recharge. As it is, current commitments make weekends full anyway. Friends visiting, a midweek trip to Camden for a work team retreat (I've got to get 2 things done for that), a Sydney walking group walk which I am including Liz in, in the blue mountains if there are no fires, then I'll go on to Mudgee and stay with friends taking a few days off work. Then orthodontist on my way home. These are all things I'm looking forward to! But I shall definitely do less in December.

Here are some happy pics from Saturday, first freezing swim after the markets, and lunch, on a hot day. 



No comments: