Friday, November 28, 2014

Half holiday, walk, Mudgee.

After Belgenny, i worked one day back at tocal then took some time off. I have been feeling like life is a long to do list, just have to get this done then survive this then make it through that etc etc.

Liz unfortunately couldn't join me for my walking group walk so I then had Friday alone instead of with her company, so I rang the Ortho first thing in the morning and asked if they could fit me in. They did which was PERFECT. I drove down to Sydney, Ortho, swam at Wylies...



...had fish and chips at coogee, went to see Kate and Mia for afternoon tea, booked a bed at katoomba YHA for the night, and drove to katoomba.

Had a dreadful salad from the supermarket for dinner. Slept pretty well in the hostel in a shared room. Went out for an excellent breakfast. Met my group at 10.30 at wentworth falls. 

The national pass is a very good walk. Stairs yes, but views, waterfalls, swimming pools, stepping stones, a lot of shade and coolness, cliff overhangs, and a cafe at the end then a short flat walk back.








Afterwards I drove to Mudgee and stayed with a family I knew at Mec olden days. It was good to see old friends and their new kids. It was nice living with a family, and I had fun with the kids, and spent time with Helen when they were at school, and helped with breakfast club and a big horrible advent craft. Helen is a good advice giver, I love chatting with her. I think Mudgee will be my new country holiday default bc it looks like Armidale is coming to an end. Below is Helen's cheese making, nail polish fun and craft.






Cheese lunch, nice cafe.



I drove back on Tuesday afternoon, had a quick strata meeting with my neighbours, and went to bible study. Prayer time was the warm fuzzies.

Now I've decided to get budgeting again. I just set up my recurring expenses, I'll track expenses for December, then set a realistic goal for my mortgage and everything next year. I'm finishing this year by paying parents back what I owe, buying a second hand MacBook Air, and a second hand queen sized bed.

Jess

No comments: