Monday, September 29, 2014

Spring beauties and latests obsessions.

On Saturday I went for a bushwalk with Liz from work, to see Waratahs. I realised I'd never seen one before! Just like whales. I know they are out there, but I've never seen one. But people reckoned that they were blooming in the Watagens, so Liz found a 3 hour bushwalk to do to find some.

First of all we went to Kurri Kurri visitors centre. Because Liz likes Kurri. She says it's the town you get if Maitland and Paterson have a baby.

The walk was pretty good. It was the least well marked walk I've ever done, and we were the only people on it, and it was a bit scrambly and we explored the wrong way a couple of times. But it was wild, we saw Lyre birds and little birds nests, and we saw Waratahs, and they don't disappoint AT ALL.


This is the point we thought the sign was wrong but it turned out to be right.




 

Now some photos from Sunday. This is my street.


This is Wisteria in a cafe (the only one open on Sundays in East Maitland).


I built these shelves that I took apart for the move, and put stuff in a cupboard on them.


This is a craft obsession.


I also did some gardening with my new hose and my fertiliser, and I buried some food scraps in the garden because that is called Trench Composting, and it is a legitimate way to compost without buying a bin.

No comments: