Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Unpacking 1.

A girl from church came over after work on Monday. I thought it would be nice to spend time with someone AND get help working while I'm tired and make the decisions about what goes where. She pretty much did the kitchen stuff while I did random things in a big cupboard. I also made a table for the parrot cage out of a pallet I scavenged from work and two empty cardboard boxes. Then I made the decision of where to put the green lounges and the book cases and such large heavy things. Because I have 3 small rooms instead of one open plan room. We ended up putting the green lounges with the TV in the small carpeted front room. That's all that fits in there. Book cases are in the tiled dining area I call the parrot room, and my art cupboard in the tiled room off the kitchen, which has junk in it also. I might have to rethink the whole parrot room thing if I get a dining table one day, but it's nice for now.

I keep expecting things to be broken, but everything is nice. Doors slide smoothly and drawers have handles and all that. I also am pleasantly surprised by how nice a lot of empty space is. I think Where will I put the birdseed? And then I just put it on one of my 50 empty shelves, no problem. I reckon there are currently three rooms and an ensuite that are totally redundant. Oooooh I asked R if she would like to do Jillian with me and she is a little bit keen! So one of my rooms, probably the master bedroom which has air con, will be a Jillian room.

Putting books in book shelfs is my fun job for Tuesday. With bible study after work I don't have time for much else. On Wednesday I will do more social unpacking with a girl from work! We might go back to the parental house and try and gather up the dregs. I left dregs everywhere.

Parrot room before


Parrot room after. Not sure about bookshelves here because the books will fade in the sun. Note a table made from a pallet and two empty cardboard boxes.


Kitchen before

Kitchen after

Lounge room


Room with non urgent unpacking. My lamp is broke.

No comments: