Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Depressing.

My braces can come off next week. The 3.5 years of treatment has been disappointing, but at least it can be over.

UNLESS.

Today I was offered more treatment. Possibly less disappointing. But then it wont be over. Now instead of a week of happy anticipation, I have a week of depressing decision-making. I should probably do the treatment because once the braces are off there is no going back, so another 9 months of the latest technological treatment at no extra cost is better value than stopping short. I'm all about value. It's just that I was SOOOO CLOOOOSE to the end. And I'm pessimistic about the new treatment. It doesn't matter how amazing the robots are, my bones are hard, so I don't see how my teeth will behave any differently. The gap will surely still bounce back open. But then, it's been so long, what's a few months more to give it one last shot. I'm used to it, aren't I. It's not like I have anything else going on in my life.

No comments: