Monday, June 4, 2012

Upfashioning jeans.

I have 3 pairs of jeans, which is too many. They are all blue, so it's not even like one is a black pair for fancy things. I have tried really hard to get a dark grey or black pair, only to take them home and realise they are exactly the same blue. I recently bought a $20 pair of skinny ones, to wear under boots, and since then my wide ones seem almost useless. So my favourite pair, which has the waistband at the right hight and extra long legs seemed ripe for some alteration. I had nothing to lose since they already have a mended knee from the scooter accident. So I put them on and folded the flares in and pinned them with safety pins. I don't have a mirror but I think they looked ok. I just sewed straight down from about the knee. Tried them on and wore them for a while before I cut off the excess flare, because you can undo sewing but not cutting. Ta da, old fashioned jeans are now new! And no money spent. I've deecided to not buy any clothes until the end of the year.

No comments: