Monday, June 18, 2012

Supernova, super congested.

I went to Supernova (pop culture expo) to help Karen with the Kinds of Blue table in artists ally. It was my first Supernova and it was quite an experience. Thousands of people, and thousands of people in costume. George came in her Princess Fiona get up and lots of people were impressed and took photos of her. It's quite nice being in a place where total strangers in silly clothes are happy to pose for photos for each other. It was a genuinely fun and friendly day.

I still had a cold, though. My nose was quite handicapping. I used a dozen hankies and a lot of tissues and serviettes and a packet of soothers and a lot of hand sanitiser also. When I got home at night, my head was so tired I couldn't tolerate being in the living room with the lights on and the tv noise, I had to sit in my room in the dark with the door shut and a cup of tea. I've never felt like that before. I would have gone to bed at 8 o'clock if I hadn't been waiting for the washing machine to wash all my hankies for another day of nose-blowing.

No comments: