Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Braces update.

Some of you ask, so here is the state of my mouth.

It's looking good. I had a new elastic put in today, to pull on the inside of my teeth. It's already popped out of place twice, but hopefully the good work will continue apace. In the last 2 months there has been noticeable shrinkage of the gap, with a small gap opening up BEHIND the slow-moving tooth as further evidence. So I'm making up end dates for myself now. Maybe the end of the year, maybe by my 29th birthday. Depressing to think about so much of my twenties in braces. But apparently my smile is wider, and ultimately I'll learn to eat on both sides of my mouth evenly and have no more jaw pain. 10 years of one-sided eating! Wow, both-sided eating will be good. Jaw been sore this week, so I'm focused on the good reasons now, not the length of time taken to get there.

No comments: