Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just beyond the point of no return is a good time to stop and have a rest.


I'm kind of glad that I got into sanding my chest of drawers last weekend, immediately after I thought about doing it. It saved a lot of time pondering about it and putting it off. Think, decide, do, before the novelty wears off. Don't wait until the iron cools down, as they say. Now I've done it, there is no turning back! But unfortunately I'm not in a brilliant state of mind at the moment, I've been sick, sun-deprived, emotionally up and down for 3 weeks, and I'm feeling negative about STUFF, so the small extra mess of emptying out all my clothes from my drawers is making me feel less in control. And, now that I'm researching the stain and varnish thing, it might actually be too cold to dry this weekend. Needs to stay above 10, and forecast minimums are 9 and 8 overnights. So instead I will put the handles back on and put my clothes back in, and give it a rest for a while before I tackle stage 2. I think I'm going to have a cooked breakfast and show myself that I love me with bacon this weekend, and also get back into Jillian.

2 comments:

Fuzzi_Sparkler said...

you could borrow a heater and keep your room warm and toasty!

Unknown said...

Good girl, take care of yourself.

My favourite way of cooking bacon is in the oven. A lot of the fat renders off and it gets deliciously CRISPY!