Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday round-up.

For a very annoying reason I have cancelled my debit card. I travel very light, purse-wise. I keep things simple. I only had one money card. It bought things online, it got money out of ATMs. I had memorised the number so I could use it without physically looking at it! And as I was cancelling it over the phone and heard the words "7 to 10 days" until the new card comes, I realised I would have to live on cash until then, and wondered how much cash I have. The answer is $58. That's good, I can buy food without borrowing from my flatmate. I have 3 travel 10s already, which although not redeemable for cash mean I don't need to buy one this week. I can hopefully afford the stuff I want from the hardware shop for my DIY weekend. I probably better not buy a magical strudel, but I can still go and have a look. I wonder if I should get a credit card.

I have the longest cold ever. Day 10. Being sick is gross. And depressing. Everything about the middle of winter and being sick and everything is depressing, I'm so tired of myself.

Hamish and Andy's Euro Gap Year was on again last night, I have to say this series is really funny. A lot more natural and witty and Hamishy than the US series, which was full of bad sound quality and awkward interviews etc. It took me ages last night to even notice that there was a live audience, because it felt more like they were only talking to me. And the stunts last night were particularly good. And I like puns. Gap Byear, lol. I really lold.

lol had become a big thing in the office this week. All of a sudden we think it's funny. It's my default response to everything now. I wasn't even listening to someone properly and I replied "ha ha, lol, lol."

No comments: