Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oh joy!


I have bought a rolling pin! It is old (50 yrs), cute (red handles) and functional (it's the spinny sort, not the fixed handle sort). I love it quite a lot. It was $20, the most expensive of all the rolling pins in the junk shop, but by far the best, in fact the best rolling pin I have ever seen in my life ever.

I also brought home from my parents their fondue set and a 2nd hand george foreman grill. I really don't have room for these, but they are free and useful. I hope I use them.

Also in Morpeth I bought some old Little Golden Books, 3 for $5. I bought them for the pictures, to use for making cards, decoupage, etc, but I know it will have to be a very impressive craft for me to  cut up these books. The paper is all soft and old and the colours are really saturated. I think I want to frame them, in fact. So cute.


My parents are very proud of their garden at the moment. They aren't gardeners, as a rule, but now their kids have gone they a) don't have kids to do the gardening and b) don't have kids to distract them. Carol and I helped Mum choose and plant 3 grevilleas, and I picked a big posy of sweet peas. The sweet peas were glorious. I love the smell. And I baked bread, and it turned out well.

No comments: