Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jillian: the push-up challenge.

I was quiet excited a few weeks ago to be able to go from knee push ups to real push ups, until I showed my brother. He said "it's not a real push up if you lie down in between each one. Stay off the ground the whole time and only touch it with your nose." This was crushing news, and I almost lost heart. No matter how hard I try, and sometimes I try harder than others, I can't keep my lower body off the ground when I bend my arms.

So now here I am 2 days from challenge deadline, and I haven't done 2 push ups in a row without my knees dropping to the ground in between for a rest.

However, recognition is still due. A and I have built up to the entire 7 circuits! We have different areas of strength. I cope better with the crunches, she does better with the planks.

So tomorrow is maybe my last chance to do a push up...

No comments: