Sunday, November 29, 2015

Dirt happened!

One of the really hot days we keep having ended in a sudden cool change and the sky went pink.



This is my last little sweet pea flower. I pulled out the browning vines in front of my window and chucked them in the new veggie garden.


On Friday afternoon DB took me to the dirt shop and we got 3 loads which cost $105. 1.5 cubic meters of nice organic sandy composty soil.



Noah helped us put it in the gardens. This box is marking my drain thing that is yet to have a proper marker/access cover. I'm going to buy a black plastic pot and maybe cut the bottom off it and put it in the dirt. Then put another pot on top which can be lifted off.



Now I'm doing the thinking about the plants. It's the scariest part. I'm also going to buy my own whipper snipper so I can do that for myself.

JK and I drove down to the eastern suburbs on Saturday, to visit Bec's Spire Markets and buy things for presents, and also just see people and eat things. We got there early, did various things for 5 hours, then left, so it wasn't too long and tiring.



Today I'm sabbathing. Just pottering around at the table writing and drawing and listening to music. I read Psalm 25 and then looked up a metrical version to trying singing it. Caught up on a prayer update from France. Did a Facebook drawing. Need to walk more so I walked to Aldi for things.

No comments: