Sunday, November 22, 2015

Garden!

Random thought. This ad captures something about decluttering I think. I remember it came on TV a few years ago at a time when I was just deciding I needed to stop saving my stuff in boxes for some mythical future, I might as well enjoy it properly by using it and wearing it out. I am aiming towards owning nothing I don't use, and sometimes that means getting rid of things I don't use, and sometimes that means using things I don't use. I now sleep under quilts that used to live in a box. It means more joy sparks.



N brought some small delicious home grown peaches to work.


DB took me to Bunnings one lunchtime and we bought all this timber for my gardens! He cut it to size at home.


While I prepared the garden spaces.




Yesterday was massive. First thing in the morning DB came and we put together the gardens. It was so amazing putting it together, feeling the wood lock together as the screws drilled in, ending up with these solid things just like I drew them on paper. They look rather bulky, but I think it's a good use of the space, and when they have plants in them and growing over the edges they will look better. Next job is soil.





Then I had a 5 minute shower and get dressed and went with my parents to Dungog for a fundraiser afternoon tea for Destiny Haven, which mum is involved with. The testimonies of two women who had been loved and rehabilitated were very interesting and powerful.




After that I made a salad, dressed up like a pirate, and went to JKs Planksgiving.


That was a very full Saturday. Today, I'm having a rest. I did buy a vacuum cleaner first thing in the morning, I got a Miele, because it was a mid range ($330) brand with a strong motor and good reviews. And if in doubt, buy German! They rock at attention to detail in design. I used it, and I can tell it has good suction because of how hard it is to drag over the carpet and all the carpet fluffing up. So that's a job well done, I only delayed it for a month but I'm satisfied with my choice and money spent.

Now to have lunch and watch Poirot.

No comments: