Wednesday, November 18, 2015

NCS, Garden.

The big obsession at the moment is the garden. It's all happening! Mainly because DB is kind and generous and semi-retired. I've been making the ground ready, pulling out the sweet peas, digging the edges.


I had to check with my panel of experts on Facebook whether this drain lid thing in the veggie patch area was important. I've decided to stick with my original plan of raising a garden on top of it but mark it with a pot so I can find it easily.



DB and I went to Bunnings in our lunch break and bought the timber. I paid for it, he took it home to treat it and cut it up. I need to think of a good thank you present. It's such a lovely thing for him to do with/for me.


More warm fuzzies from work, JH picked up this twin set couch for $10 (with an old futon for a dog bed) which fits sweetly in a bit of our office (the Centre for Excellence) that we cleared out recently (there was some drama around that), and I donated a beehive box for a side table and we are very proud of it.


On Saturday night I went to an NCS ball which was open to all past students because its the 50th anniversary. Somebody had put out these photos from balls of my era, but I only saw a couple of people from then. I don't think I'll go back to a fringe hairstyle. Or spaghetti straps. One thing I like about being the age I am now is knowing how to make the best of what I've got, knowing my strengths, being confident, rejecting things I don't like. Knowing how to put on makeup, carry a conversation, choose whether or not to wear high heels. Dancing is one of those things, I hated dancing in public and was way too shy as a uni student, but on Saturday night I just got in there.





Just wanted a photo of my sisters hair to record how long and thick it is.



No comments: