Sunday, November 8, 2015

Drawing.


The above video from not long ago, about drawing instead of photographing things, as well as meeting Liz Steele a couple of weeks back and seeing her work on her social media, has prodded me into trying to record things in sketches rather than just photos. I want to also try different techniques and use colour, which I don't with my Facebook drawings.


A couple of dozen black cockatoos have been hanging out in the silky oaks behind my house, which is pretty special.

I thought it would be a good thing to record the development of my garden, so I sat down and drew its current status. It's not wonderful, but I felt like it was true about really looking when you are trying to draw it. I'm sure my sketching will get better if I do more of it, quantity is the secret to quality. I'm impatient though. Isn't that the problem in the first place!


No comments: