Sunday, December 6, 2015

Finishing garden with plants.

I was thinking how I had optimistically started november thinking I'd try a whole food diet, and then instantly realised no, so called it a month of healthy alternatives intead. And even that, to be honest, I quickly forgot. The lolly jars near my desk are over-accessed. I have moved them now though. Not near my desk anymore. Anyway, it seemed like I didn't muster up the energy to have an obsession with healthy food, and didn't achieve much. But, actually, it's not a total fail. My mealtime routine is better than it was. I don't even own any bread for example. Much more space in the freezer now. The system is, I  shop on the weekend and get salad ingredients organised, like pre cut mushrooms and a bag of baby spinach, I cook some grain like brown rice or quinoa, and I cook some chicken usually or rissoles. It's all in the fridge at the start of the week. Each morning I fill a container with salad. Better than a sandwich! And then for dinner I either have a similar salad or veggie thing, or I have pumpernickel bread with cheese and tomato. It's usually a smaller meal. The one thing I should work on is red meat.

N brought in home grown things from his garden. I had some special meals.


I'm still basking in joy sparks from the garden. I think it's gone well. I did well to wait a long time, since I paid off some extra mortgage before I let myself improve the house or yard. That was sensible. Which gave me time to watch how much sun different areas got at different times of year, and notice how we use the space so that I didn't put a garden in an inconvenient place. Patience and planning is something I often lack. And I think I got the plan right. And then so wonderful to have DB from work build it so quickly!


I planted 2 things in the veggie garden on Thursday. I got an heirloom tomato and a capsicum plant from Masters. Two pretty baby plants! It will take months for any crop but I think there's still time before autumn.


On Saturday Mum and I went plant shopping and for the veggie garden I got marigolds and basil and pyrethrum. That's about half the garden planted. For the long garden I got some ground covers and daisy bushes and lavender and dug up a ground cover from my parents yard. I mulched with sugar cain mulch, until the ground cover is established and that will be nicer. 




Also with Mum I joined her visiting Destiny Haven for a baptism. Baptisms are always moving even if you don't know them. I saw some students baptised when I visited Bath and it was wonderful to hear testimonies of God at work, he's big and he's everywhere. So it was really good. We also stayed for dinner. It was fun.





On Sunday I shopped, cooked, drew, watched Marple. Rest day.

No comments: