Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sydney, jeans, sick.

I worked two days, very quietly alone in the office listening to books and music. On Wednesday I went to Sydney. I drove to Morisset and caught the train. Lots of old ppl.


 I always forget that Martin Place is hard to get to so I went to wynyard because I ran out of time to figure it out. Eastern Suburbs line, but I'll forget again. Why isn't it on the city circle? Anyway. Got to Ortho 5 min late so that's ok. Teeth are going well and they'll make a replacement retainer for free because I cracked mine.


Then I went and ate laksa at MM office and that was lovely. Helped with a little thing. 

Then I went jeans shopping. I had a $20 pair of skinny jeans which I often wore under boots in winter, or folded up on cool days. They ripped, inside leg is where jeans really die, so I sadly binned them and had only one pair of jeans left, my favourite comfy Levi's that I patched after I fell off my scooter in them. I think they must be 5 years old, they are from the end of the bootleg era and I've sewn the lower legs narrower. They are getting pretty frayed. I had in mind another skinny pair for boot wearing, and maybe red or something not denim. But jeans shopping is hard. I tried on a few pairs at just jeans, checked out Gap and something else then looked in myer. Found a bunch at miss shop section and had high hopes of a dark maroon pair of myer brand ones, but they felt really stiff. Compared to the lee riders I also tried on (but the pockets were fake!) and the old Levi's I was wearing that day, stiffffffff. Crunchy. Hardto bend legs. So I went browsing the other clothes and in dangerfield I found this pair of trousers.   
I had to try them on. So then I just grabbed another pair of lee riders to make it worth while. I was quite delighted with those trousers. 



So comfortable. Pockets. Stylish. The antidote to all the bad jeans I'd tried on. They divided opinion on Facebook however. Since they were slightly too short and not what I was shopping for I resisted them, because I was there for JEANS only. So I tried on the pair I had grabbed on my way in and behold. They fit. It was a miracle! 

I noticed that since I'm a size 14 I don't have to rummage in piles of clothes, I just flip the pile over and 14s are on the bottom because that is as big as they go. Wha. 

I didn't want to rush to catch the train I wanted to continue being leisurely so I went to haighs. Their sample dark chocolate made my throat a bit irritated. Went back to MM to chat to H, throat got sorer. So I thought I must be getting sick.  There've been two separate sick people staying with parents in the last week so it was nearly certainly. I bought a Julia Booth juice at boost on my way back to Central. Apple orange carrot and GINGER. Yeah. 



On the train my nose pretty much exploded with snot. I sneezed prolifically. One man actually changed seats. I felt sorry for the one who sat next to me. I tried to keep my head tipped back. It was kind of funny. I bought big box of tissues at Morisset for the drive home. 

Then I was off work for two days. Then it was Saturday. I went to the women of truth conference and listened to Patricia Weerakoon. Then I spent the evening with some girls from church, which was really nicel we talked about singleness and real estate. Ahhhh real estate, a topic that is occupying my mind a lot although not much of my actual time yet.



On Sunday I joined mum and my aunt on a Morpeth visit. And mum found a pair of red (port actually) jeans and they were on sale for $40! So there you go. 

No comments: