Monday, May 19, 2014

Beautiful twig, cow traffic, enjoying life.

My mac desktop background is a photo I took of tiny piece of lichen. So the other designer noticed a twig on his driveway with super pretty things growing on it and brought it in for me. He's quite thoughtful. I put some pics on facebook and everyone loves the twig. I said he should start an etsy store. He's got trees full of them!



The dairy cows have been a part of the Parasol Club lunchtime walks this week. They get milked 3 times a day so they occasionally cross our path at lunchtime. Look at this cow, she could pretty much burst poor thing.




In other news, I went to bible study this week and enjoyed it. It's a large group with a mix of marrieds, parents and singles. The study was good, the discussion honest, and the prayers were AMENed. I'd prefer breaking into smaller groups for prayer. Oh, we finished at 9pm. So it was good, and I finally met a few more people.

Friday: Dinner with S from school, potential to move in, a useful friend as well.

Saturday: went to open inspection of house I like. I'm super fussy about location, I want to be halfway between work and Newcastle and also have things I can walk to, so there's only one suburb that really meets that criterea. And I'm not in the market for a family house, ie 3+ br with big backyard—I would like 2br with small backyard, and that's not a big portion of the market up here, although what there is is usually in my price range. It's so nice to actually have a price range, one that overlaps with the prices. Anyway, I'm looking.

Also I hung out at the local shops w jk for a bit then got my hair cut off. I've been thinking about shorter hair for a while but I like it in a bun in summer. Now it's getting annoying to dry in winter so I suddenly decided to do it.

Sunday: Breakfast in the park with bible study, a bit of composting and trimming in the backyard, church, and a newcomers dinner after work.

I finally feel like I'm making friends. It's been two months since I moved here.

No comments: