Friday, June 7, 2013

TV land.

Thursday night is pretty good.

The Mindy Project: A dumb show that's on way too late, but I quite like it. Mindy is an OBGYN who wants to live in a rom com. Last night she was on a date with a goofy cute academic, on valentine's day, on the empire state building, and she convinced him that he was in love with his best friend—not her. Silly and I enjoy it.

Little Paris Kitchen: a cooking show. On SBS on Thursday night. French food by Rachel Koo, a cute designy Eurasian with an English accent. Her Paris kitchen is possibly smaller than mine, I like that she doesn't have a kitchenaid and everything. And it's pretty. And she talks French. And she used to be a graphic designer so there is stuff like the title screens between each recipe are written and illustrated by her.

Last night wasn't a TV night. I went to a fancy dinner. The meat was sooo tender. There is a lot of difference in chewyness and flavour between the cheap meat I buy and cook just to force my iron up, and whatever that was. I shared my tip about bread roll consumption (tear it up with your fingers, don't make a sandwich out of it), and learned the correct way for men and women to place their hands in their laps when they are not eating. Men, interlock the fingers, women, place right hand over left as though lightly cupping a fly. I love learning that stuff. It makes interesting small talk.

No comments: