Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Long weekend long post.

On Saturday I had a sleep in, did jillian, baked brownies, and spent the afternoon drawing. I drew 3 pictures for a silent auction at year 13 trivia fundraiser, and I had 3 things already done to donate as well. 4 sold which was great, and I gave the remaining two to some of the winners so I didn't have to take them home. It was awesome to turn skill into money for a good cause. The ones I did on Saturday were all ink line drawings. One was Emily from the rag doll book, which looked pretty cool and I wish I had a picture of it. One was gumleaves, it didn't sell, and one was a line of swallows. A nice design, but so simple it only took about 6 minutes. It was really tiny, you had to go up close to it to see it wasn't just a blobby line.

I bid on 2 things and won them: a dinner voucher at a Barzura at Coogee and a box of Nutrimetics stuff which was apparently good value. Mmmm fancy hand cream and stuff. Unfortunately I squirted handcream onto my phone and now the listening part is blocked so I can't hear people talking to me.

I joked with people before hand that I was going to build a trivia superteam. And then I did. The secret with trivia is a diverse team. So we had nerds in different fields and different ages. I guessed arty things like the Fibonacci sequence, and the IKEA logo, other people covered the Simpsons quotes and the geography and the maths. And we won. The funniest thing was that during dessert I tried to keep people focused and sharp by asking random questions and one of the questions I asked was who is the host of Americas next top model, cos I was watching it before I went, and then that was a question in the next round! Go team Geneve! Raaaar!

Sunday I think I watched Cranford and walked to the shops in a tshirt to get sun vitamins on my arms and then did some unplanned sales shopping and stuff and then hid it in my bag and went to church.

On Monday a little party of us did a day-trip to Cabramatta. 3 of us went on the train (we had a train announcer who entered into the spirit of the day and made station announcements in an articulate and playful way, kind of like they do on Virgin planes), had a massive lunch, and shuffled through crowds in tiny arcades. A 4th joined us, and we did some highly profitable shopping in the many cheap shops. I bought a mop. It started raining so B and I bought cheap umbrellas, 2 for $6. We went to a cafe to rest and had interesting asian drinks. Mine was avocado and coconut. I wanted banana and coconut but I was told that avocado is nice with coconut. We bought some street food to take home.


E and me dropped in on JK cos she was sick, so we ate even more food. I was so full all day. The public holiday 370 timetable was useless so I had to go home via Central, and walking around the streets I noticed a man in some kind of orange jumpsuit behind me. I couldn't get a good look but I tried to remember his description if he mugged me. When we got to traffic lights I had a sneaky glance and it was a young man in a kangaroo suit. He was wondering why I was carrying a mop around the streets at night. That's not weird.

I was too lazy to wash my hair last night. I last washed it on Saturday. So it's on day 4!!! It does look dirty but I was very cunning. I put my hair in a high pony before bed last night, slept in it, and this morning the pillow had slightly fluffed up my hair so it looks less dirty. I tucked in a few loose bits, voila! Day 4! And my hair-washing cycle is back on track.

Today I received a shirt in the mail. I ordered it last week after about 2 weeks angsting. And I'm going to put the breaks on clothes shopping again. Until at least Summer. And now we are all caught up on my life.

No comments: