Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year.

This year I decided that instead of being awake for midnight I would start the first day of the year well. In fact, I was woken up at midnight anyway, so that was nice, I got both. On Tuesday morning, I went for a swim. The ladies pool, even on a busy day, still feels so relaxing to me. I usually swim for 20 minutes and then feel like I'm done, but yesterday I kept going to the steps then thinking "oh, I'll just do some back-floating" then "I'll just swim 4 more laps" and so on, and stayed in the water for about an hour. It was too nice to get out. Then I read Counterfeit Gods for half an hour while I dried off. After walking home, I felt healthy and just perfectly sunned, not a bit burned. It was just amazing weather. Hung out the washing and then spent the afternoon staying cool watching Once Upon a Time on dvd with my flatmate. Bought myself a mango to have with dinner. Ah, mangos. I wish they weren't $3 each. Did some cross stitch too. I've made a mistake and everything is one stitch out, but it's leaves, so it doesn't matter. It's just extra confusing.

What I also love about this time of year is the no traffic. LOVE.

No comments: