Monday, January 9, 2012

This is what I don't like.

I got home from church last night, turned on the lights, turned on the TV—TV not working. Check fridge: not on. So the wall electricity must be off. I know what to do, flip the switch in the fuse box thing in the kitchen. Yay. Fridge on, TV on.

Except, set top box won't turn on. Must have been struck by lightening last night. So no TV after all. Well, I'll read a book.

The fridge is not making the normal noise. No engine running, just periodic coughing and then quiet. Well, give it a kick, go to bed, check it in the morning.

Eat breakfast, every mouthful of not-cold milk stresses me out. Need to ring up repairer. Need a phone number. Need internet. Lucky didn't have laptop plugged in during storm, should be OK. Except that the adapter was plugged in, and it won't work either. So will have to find number to ring up at work. 3 things broken so far. WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG?

Try and take most perishable food to work in back pack. At least the freezer is separate so not broken and the fridge is nearly empty, that's a blessing. Get to work and make call, but don't know brand of fridge, so can't get repairer.

I can't switch my brain off this stuff, I'm too annoyed right now. Hopefully blogging is clearing my brain so that I can work.

2 comments:

Ali said...

What a bummer! Is there any type of insurance for such things?

Our washing machine is playing up, such that I wasted hours on Sunday morning just trying to get the water out of my clothes and out of the machine - that was bad enough and I wouldn't want everything going bust.

Hope you get the fridge sorted at least.

Jessica said...

Wet washing is VERY sad.

I've had a 1 min chat with a repairer, described the noise it makes, and I got an over-the-phone diagnosis. "Get a new fridge".

Just gonna wait til next week, no hurry now. I made "dead fridge stew" last night to cook and freeze veg.