Monday, January 30, 2012

Australia day.

I had a simply nice day on Thursday. I was kind of wondering what to do with a useless midweek holiday that would not be exhausting, yet at the same time not be so lazy I wasted it. It fell into place beautifully, with a last minute fb event invite (which I normally HATE and LOATHE) to watch G swim in the harbour. I thought, yes! What could be more perfect for Australia Day then going to watch friends swim at the Opera House. It was a little boring standing there by myself but I was rewarded with wet hugs when G and A got out of the water, and then E arrived, and we went to a cafe on CQy that is called Arc, and has cheap coffees but very slow ones due to a lack of multiple barristers. Then it was lunch time so E and D and I decided to go have lunch, and a 555 free bus pulled up so we went downtown. Cellinis in QVB has the most reasonably priced light lunches of soup and sandwiches etc. And on that top level there are also some cool new shops, mywalit which has every wallet format you could ever want in rainbow colours http://www.mywalit.com/ and also a stationary shop, drool.

Then quickly popped into David Lawrence, where I don't normally shop, to check out the sale racks. I bought a dark purple cotton dress a size to big for $60. On Friday I picked up a roll of thread to alter it, on the weekend I unpicked the underarm seams a bit, took them in, and voila. Still loose fitting but not gaping. I'm glad I got onto that quickly, it's terrible when things hang around new but unwearable because you have to do something fiddly to them, and then you regret buying them so optimistically. Not this time! I shall wear it tomorrow!

Back to Thursday— I then had to go home because mum and sister were coming. I walked up to bus stop, and a bus arrived! Beautiful. Then when I walked down my street I noticed a station wagon, which is pretty rare in Randwick, and it was mum and sister just arrived! Beautiful. We watched Gilmore Girls and then walked to Coogee for dinner and then I bought a Sara Lee bavarian for dessert with more GG. I had a dehydration headache though, so I guess it wasn't a perfect day.

I woke a little bit up in time to get a hug goodbye which was a lovely start to Friday. Then I finished off the defrosted milk with some berries and chocolate. It's quite nice to do something different for breakfast, because breakfast is such a mundane meal.

In other daily news, Saturday was a wedding in the city, and Sunday I mainly watched TV (Heroes) until mid afternoon music prac for church. I suspect I have been watching too much TV recently.

Today didn't work out great, I forgot Jillian clothing, forgot slip for post office pickup, and have to go home and get the broken fridge up to the street. Although moving a fridge that is ALREADY broken isn't very stressful when you think about it. Maybe that will be fun after all.

No comments: