Friday, July 1, 2011

A weekend in Maitland.

I'm not used to thinking of Maitland as a place to do fun weekend things. I'm used to it being boring. It's really quite nice. Here are some of the best things to check out.

Maitland Regional Art Gallery. Free entry, cool kids room (you can put stickers on the walls), cafe, range of exhibitions, cute machines for donating coins.


This is the lamest piece of art I've ever seen. There was some really really good wildlife illustration though.


Across the road there is also a leather workshop. Very pretty, and as you can see we parked right at the door (in the grey car, not the red cart).


Op shops. Limited opening hours on the weekend. But keep a weather eye out for bargain crochet doilies. I wish I had bought more than one, since it was only $2, and they are the proper hand made ones. Now I can think of all sorts of nice crafts to use them in.

This is a random iconic thing on Morpeth Road.


Cupz n Crepes. View of Morpeth Bridge, purveyor of such delicious drinks as the Iced Cocomochanut and the Banana Chai Latte.

Horse and cart tour of Morpeth. We didn't do this, but it's probably good, and only $6.

No comments: