Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year Good Habits.

Good Habits sound more keepable than Resolutions.

Chocolate. Every day I don't have chocolate, I'll put $1 into a kitty to spend on something quality (like a zero japan robins egg teapot). I think my self-control is better when I have a positive (ie financial) motivator, rather than just "no chocolate", which spoils my fun. I got the idea from a news radio story about young mums in the UK who get shopping vouchers for quitting smoking or getting their babies immunized. It's called a "nudge": a bonus to nudge you to do what you already know you should do.

Daily bible reading. I've got a 7 column plan to tick off. I think I might cut the strips into bookmarks. Jumping around from day to day is a bit annoying, but the benefit is you are balancing all the different sorts of bible out over the year. So you don't read all the psalms in a lump, you have psalms every Wednesday all year.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
~ CSLewisDaily: I rss the twitter, it's awesome.

No comments: