Thursday, January 6, 2011

My break recap.

I went to Maitland over Christmas. Went to church twice, had a nap twice, went on family walk twice, baked this mango cheesecake (was short one mango/the base was so yummy). The train was full, but the intercity platforms at central station is olde and the central coast line is gorgeous and I enjoy the sense of romance, as if I'm travelling somewhere exciting. I spent an hour next to a chatty man from Mackay, whose son will be on Aus Got Talent, and who made an awkward comment about "spot the Australian face" (meaning Sydney is so multicultural now, although it was a train OUT of Sydney so it looked pretty white to me). Made the trip pass quickly, but I prefer my space usually, to look out the window and listen to my train playlist. I know having a car would be easier, but I'll be sad when I no longer have these train trips.


Anyway, this is me and my bro at family Christmas lunch, which is the traditional Sargent's pies and McCains wedges.

The last week I spent a bit of every day with Jess K (who was flatmateless, computerless and had a borrowed car).









We had coogee picnics, a trip to bondi westfield, fireworks + movie and sleepover for New Year. Then started the year with a boardgame day in Strathfield, a dip at Clovelly, Georges housewarming and church at Wild Street. Then back to work. Now, away again to CMS Summer School!

No comments: