Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas songs.

Now it is December, and I am permitting festal cheer. The cathedral morning church which I go to semi-regularly does carols all December, which I think is wonderful. Shops do them for 2 months, why should churches limit their enjoyment to one day only? I always found that I try and do 8 carols on that one day to make the most of them. And cos I never play them at all I'm really clunky and they are untransposed for normal people to sing to and they have so many chords. Tune in the right hand, octave in the left hand will get you through, pianists. So anyway, lots of carol enjoyment at the cathedral, with choir, organ and trumpet. I love the trumpet especially.

I found this song today. What I really like is the time signature change, 4/4 to 6/8, but I'm also a sucker for Coldplay's piano riffs. I can't completely own it because it's still northern-hemisphere-based and talks about snow, but it's melencholy and anthemic, and like I said, time change!! So I'm auditioning it on youtube for the soundtrack of my Christmas holiday. Why does itunes charge 50 cents more for some songs?

No comments: