Friday, December 17, 2010

Bread baking tips

Smitten Kitchen has some good tips on bread making, as well as some challenging recipes. I see confirmation that bread on baking paper on pizza stone works. I see that I could spray the bowl with oil before I put it in there to rise, and it will tip out easier, which I never thought of yet.

My main obstacle to baking bread often is not that it's hard, its that you need a constant warm temperature and time to hang around near the kitchen so that you can knead it once or twice. So normally I do it on the weekend. I watch DVDs while it rises and bakes, and I also slow-bake something like a cassarole in the oven before I bake bread, to warm up the kitchen so that my bread can rise. Then the oven is pre-heated and ready to bake. And then I can eat my fresh bread with fresh baked veggies or whatever. Yummmmm.

No comments: