Monday, December 20, 2010

More bible covers!

Yay! finished 2 more bible covers on Saturday. Was pretty quick the second one I made was made from scratch and took about an hour. The first one had problems because I happened to check it agains't a bible and it didn't go around it, so I had to cut it in half and add some contrasting fabric in the spine, which looks cool.

Putting the button and flap on before sewing the bits together is vital. Also, note the fiddly ironing I've done on the red bits.

Now I have the design set, and ironed out all the problems I used to have with construction of the button flap and magnetic clip, it's pretty easy. The hardest part is all the fiddly ironing of the edges over the facing. The sewing is then very quick.

One closed, one open showing my bodged up spine insert.

No comments: