Monday, January 12, 2015

New year, Summer School part 1.

Snatching a quiet break at summer school to refuel my introvert. I will post this delayed by a week so I can add all my lovely photos more easily.

I followed my lovely Christmas with a really lovely new year. On the in between weekend Matt and Caroline came and visited me, and hung out with my family and JK, it was quite relaxing. We also went to newcastle to swim, eat $10 pizza and 2for1 movenpick ice cream. My replacement washing machine was delivered at 7am on New Year's Eve which was a yay.

George came and stayed on New Year's Eve and E + L stayed with JK so we had a picnic at Nobbys and then watched the 9pm fireworks. It was soooo easy. I used to find coogee fireworks a pretty relaxed event because I lived so close, but take away 2/3 of the crowd and it's easier again! No jostling for spots. Afterwards we feasted at JKs house watching sbs pop Asia and a pink concert, until the fireworks at midnight on TV.



George, JK and I went for a swim on the first day of the year. That is a bit of a tradition for me. The beach WAS crowded. And hot. The water was perfect temperature but pretty rough.


In the evening I had organised a group to see Big Hero 6, and about ten people came, after which most came over to my house to eat sausages JK bought and all the salad stuff I needed to eat up before I went away. I think that's the most people I've done dinner for anywhere I've lived. I didn't even have that many plates until now, I still don't have enough chairs or any table. But I'm getting there.

So overall, simple things and friends made me very happy as I started the year. I started my daily drawing project and it's pretty cool.


I bought myself a fancy baking dish in the sales, using a gift voucher. Took it to Summer School.


I was going to write a 2014 review blogpost but eh. We all know I had a big year. I didn't tell many people this but I even got "asked out for coffee" a few months ago. I'll say more about that later, if there ever is anything more to say, but for now it's nothing but the end of my serenity, which I miss. I will keep learning the cello. I got my job application in before new year, so that's on the boil and I guess will be sorted in the next month and a bit. I also started reading the bible at genesis 1.

So now I'm at summer school, it's Sunday, the start of the week, and actually pretty exhausted and flat again. Physical stuff and emotional stuff too much right now. I skipped the missionary session so that I could have some time to myself in the house, because there are lots of us staying in it so you have to plan well if you want a cup of tea and a book in seclusion.


Here are photos from the bush walk I did with Alison, which we did really fast and was exhausting (wrecked me for the start of the week) but worth it. We got a good look at a red belly on the path.




2 comments:

Ali said...

Jess, I got way behind on blogs, but I did read this one a week or so ago and meant to come back. I got snagged on the "asked out for coffee" thing! - and wanted to know more :). Congrats on the table - that is very exciting. I am finally getting all the official paperwork together so I can do this house-buying thing. Gulp! It also seems that you have a new flatmate. Wow.

Jessica said...

Buying a house is pretty great, I have no regrets. I don't see a downside, it's way better than renting. It's part of why you left sydney isn't it, so I hope it works out for you soon!

Flatmate I've known for ages, uni student, moving in next weekend. More change! Should be good tho.

Re coffee... A few coffees, then nothing really. He is still around and maybe/probably still interested, so who knows what'll happen, but for a couple of months things didn't line up for us to see each other at all. I was absent the most but he was too. It felt like limbo and I needed all of my emotional energy for other things, so I decided it was a false start. Killed it in my head and went back to being basically single and coffee-free, which is a breeze.

Still reading your blog too Ali! I forward your post about the teacup to a single girl sometimes. So encouraging. Love Jess