Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January continued.

Here is a photo of my vision mixing station at Summer School.


I control what goes on the big screens. I do about half the night sessions, which is as much as I can manage, energy wise. I used to do every night and it smashed me, because the night sessions are pretty complicated and theres a rehearsal as well before dinner so it's a lot of going back and forth and being wired. But every second night is good. I don't really enjoy it anymore though. But I guess it was a not super enjoyable Summer School for other reasons. I find that if I'm cruising energy-wise, I love Summer School, but if I'm a little bit below neutral, if I'm a bit tired or a bit whatever, SS drags me down. Although I was blessed every day. Seeing old friends and having quick but encouraging conversations. I had lunch in Leura with Anna which I was hanging out for, catching up with her properly. I also bought some gifts for friends, just thankyou presents for those who looked after Percy and things like that.

We have some very friendly bird neighbours, and we are a parrot-loving house (two of us own parrots).




On Friday mum and us kids went to Goulburn (via Sydney to collect Percy) instead of home, to visit Granny who just went into palliative care. On Saturday morning I went for a walk around Goulburn a bit, Goulburn is lovely for walking, lots of footpaths and trees. Took some photos of things I'd like to have in my future garden.



Then we went to the nursing home. She looked comfortable, although she couldn't interact, but it was pretty emotional. I cry the most. Either I'm super raw these days or maybe it's my Myers-Briggs type or something. Some other family were also there, Auntie and cousin and his wife, and we had lunch at the Paragon cafe, before driving home. Granny died on Monday night.

I'm at work, people are making sure I have my job application in because that closes on Sunday, and thankfully I have done. Don't have time this week.

There's a new guy in my office, he knew about Percy so he brought in a sunflower. I love how people want to suck up to this bird. Percy has a puffy eyelid so is going to the vet.

There is a mission team at Maitland doing the annual kids club and mission, Maitland Alive, they are all from Sydney, and I'm hosting some girls for showers each night. Which is really nice. 4 come at 7.30 and 2 come at 9.30. I made cookies on the weekend so they can have a cup of tea and a bit of a rest while they wait for each other. And we play with Percy or watch TV, such as If You Are The One, for maybe an hour. Mission is tiring so I wanted to be able to give them a bit of an escape from the school each night.

So that's my life at the moment, very full. I bought myself some flowers on Sunday :) Just $5 carnations from woolies but pretty. I enjoyed reading The Blue Castle which George posted to me when she heard I hadn't read it, which was SOOOO thoughtful and a perfect thing to escape into. I'm also rather loving my Daily Drawing. I sit quietly and labour over a detailed little drawing of something whimsical as suggested by Facebook friends. And then I post it on Facebook, and I also enjoy that others 'like' and comment their appreciation, not so much for the compliments on my talent, but just that it makes me feel like I'm doing something other people are enjoying and interacting with. I built a desk to draw on, out of cardboard boxes I kept from moving house, and 2 planks of wood from a bookshelf I dismantled in Sydney. Getting a real table is right at the top of my to do list. I might even buy a new one!

No comments: